No the two things are not related! Don't worry I haven't become deathly ill from the mouse poop I discovered today at work! Okay we'll do the fun story last and the not so fun story first!
FIRST UP...being sick
Christmas break started on December 18th! I was thrilled. We had so much fun the first few days of break. Josh was off as well for vacation that week! We went shopping and out on a date. We cleaned the whole house which made me very, very happy. We wrapped presents and enjoyed all the Christmasy stuff. I had the BB officers over for a THANK YOU lunch. In general we had a great first of break. Then Christmas eve happened. We went to my parent's house for the festivities. We were having a great time. We ate dinner together, opened presents, and had dessert. After dinner I was pleasantly stuffed like any good holiday meal. We opened presents and I started to feel a little quesy and thought hmmm maybe I ate way more than I thought I did. I started to feel a little better but warmish (my parent's house isn't a mansion so it is always warmish when we all get together) so we moved onto dessert and I ate a little bit of it but felt violently stuffed and nauseous! :( So we drive home and I am in utter misery. I told Josh PLEASE DON'T LET ME EAT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN! All night long I keep thinking why won't this food just digest so I feel better. Well I had the strangest 24ish hour bug. I never got sick just nauseous and weak. Christmas morning sucked. I came downstairs to watch Mouse open her gifts but I could barely sit up. I snapped a few pictures and then made a beeline back to bed. I stayed there all day and half of the next day. Needless to say Christmas wasn't all it should have cracked up to be. Oh well! Josh had fun watching Mouse play with her new gifts. After the Christmas festivities wrapped up and about two days after Christmas I finally felt all the way better Mouse started to get a runny nose. GREAT another cold! But NOOOO it wasn't just a cold it turned into a scary nightmare! By Tuesday night we were dealing with wheezing and so we started the breathing treatments but then at about 2am I was scared to death and didn't know if I should call 911 or not because she was gasping for air. We did another breathing treatment which seemed to get it under control but it still wasn't great. We made it to 6am and I called the after hours line and spoke to the dr. who said bring her in first thing in the morning. Wednesday morning we went to the dr. and sure enough we are battling another ugly case of asthma. The doctor doesn't want to diagnose a 16 month old with asthma yet. But the last episode wasn't that long ago which does not bode well over all. We did the whole oral steroids and constant breathing treatments around the clock and slowly she got better. Still not great though so eventually we got an antibiotic as well. Finally, Mouse is all better. She still has a two days left of the antibiotic and she goes back to the doctor for her check up tomorrow. It turned out to be a bitter cold break and one where sickness reigned our days. I was glad to go back to work just to have a break from the 24 hour sick watch! Then I got a sinus infection which I went to the dr for today. I swear I never get sick and all of the sudden I'm breaking down. I attribute it to the lack of sleep. :(
Last up....MOUSE POOP
Who doesn't love a good mouse poop story?!?! Last night was rotten, Mouse was up all night long and I didn't feel well then this morning my husband who I dearly love kept waking me up with his alarm then he dropped the clock on the floor and I practically jumped out of bed in fright! Needless to say I wasn't exactly thrilled to be going to work this morning. I get there and it is full steam ahead since I have a meeting to prep for first thing this morning. My assistant was out yesterday so I have catch up to do. I'm disgruntled. I go to throw my purse into the drawer and I see there is crackers everywhere! GROSS! How did this happen? I didn't eat the treats for the kids? I must have thrown my purse in really hard to get the cracker package to bust open! So I begin investigating and realize the package has been shredded open! A MOUSE! Now I do not have a fear of mice but I do think they are positively disgusting and dirty! I was more than a little peeved that a mouse had gotten into my desk of all places! SERIOUSLY! I tell my assistant that I am going to find our custodians ASAP because I want traps in place NOW! So off I go and since I'm in good with the custodians I get my traps ASAP! THANKS LINDA AND BETTY! I take them back to the classroom and set the little sticky traps in the front and back of the classroom! HOORAY! Then I sit down at my desk muttering that I still can't believe a mouse had been in my desk when I see little black things all over my desk! IT WAS POOP! Seriously!?!? The stupid mouse pooped everywhere! Next to my stapler and tape dispenser. Next to my whole puncher and pencil holder. ON MY LESSON PLAN BOOK!!!! Needless to say I am hoping these critters will be caught and tried and found guilty as soon as possible! SERIOUSLY THERE WAS POOP ON MY LESSON PLAN BOOK! I mean I know I don't always create the world's best lessons but this mouse sure had an opinion about the caliber of teaching I'm doing! POOP!
No comments:
Post a Comment