humbly kneeling before the King of Kings who provides and shows Himself to be true and mighty again and again to a sinner who forgets it so easily.
This week has been so long! Each day has been so busy but the week has seemed to drag on forever. I don't mean that in a complaining way but a mind boggling way. On Tuesday, all hosting families had to have $1,650 in their accounts in order to purchase the airline tickets. We were $700 from what we needed on Monday afternoon. I was grumpy and doubtful. I was in need of a faith workout. I needed to practice trust. When will I learn? God provides. It is such a simple two word sentence but I find myself doubting it and not believing it. God provided again. On Tuesday morning we had the amount we needed for flight purchases.
On Wednesday, Amelia graduated from preschool. I was in the midst of changing rooms at school and wrapping up paperwork. I left work early to go to her program at her school. I felt sweaty and gross from moving filing cabinets and desks and boxes during my prep. My husband was working a 16 hour day and I felt spent. I rushed into her school and made a beeline to her classroom even though I felt one sneeze away from having an accident (teacher friends will get this as teachers are basically forced to learn to hold one's bladder for five hour increments) and walked into a hot, crowded preschool room. I tried to relax and be in the moment. We have been so blessed to have the same teacher for both Adria and Amelia. At one point she spoke about teaching the kids to worship God and then she led them in singing a Chris Tomlin song called "Good, Good Father". I've included the lyrics below.
"Good Good Father"
Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're
like
But I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone
You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word
You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
Cause you are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways to us
You are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways to us
Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think
As you call me deeper still [x3]
Into love, love, love
[x3:]
You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
You're a Good, Good Father
(You are perfect in all of your ways)
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
(You are perfect in all of your ways)
It's who I am, it's who I am it's who I am
Now quite a few mamas cried during the whole little program, over what I assume was their baby growing up and heading to Kindergarten but maybe there were tears for other reasons too. I started crying during that song because I was thinking about my initial reaction to knowing our first part of hosting money had been due and we were short. I responded sinfully, not as someone who was deeply in love with their Saviour. Every time the little four and five year old voices sang the line "You are perfect in all of your ways", I was reminded that I am not perfect but He is and His ways are not my ways. He holds me in His hands. In that moment, I did relax and felt "peace so unexplainable".
He is such a good Father. I find such rest and peace when I give up on my own selfish emotions and thoughts and allow myself to be flooded with His love. I pray V will see Jesus in Josh as he shows what a father is to her this summer. I pray V will find answers to all her questions in Him. I pray that our family will fall deeper in love with Jesus and that V will see that.
And now for the Where we are going...
We have just $200 left of our complete hosting fees due by the 15th of May. I'm resting in Him. He has this whether He brings others to help us pay for it or asks us to sacrifice and pay for it. I know I can trust in Him. I don't need to control this. We are opening our hearts to His leading and how He wants us to serve V.
I have two weeks left of school and then can focus on getting the physical things ready for V. I need to set up her dentist appointment and get a few items for the first day or two until we can go shopping. We should have travel dates within the next 10 days or so. Imagine coordinating over 100 kids from two countries traveling to 63 different airports in the US! I don't envy that job and will wait patiently for all the pieces of information to be shared! But I will say that I am super excited to find out the dates and begin counting down until the time I can wrap my arms around a young girl who needs a mama and to hear the beautiful Ukrainian chitter chatter again!
So, if you made it this far then that is where we are and where we are going one day at a time! My heart is so full of love from all the people who are helping us love V and share our hearts and home with her this summer. Thank you never seems adequate when someone does something so monumental but THANK YOU! Josh and I and the girls appreciate each of your who are praying over us and have helped us financially. We can't wait to see how God continues to provide for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment