Monday, May 23, 2016

Countdown to Hosting

We are almost a month away from arrival. We are fully funded through many generous and loving people in our lives.  Tickets were bought this week and hopefully by the end of the week we will have a travel itinerary sent to all the New Horizons families, which is VERY exciting!

I went shopping last week and got a few items for V for the first day or so until we are able to go shopping for more clothes.  I did find out she is a size 8/medium and size 9 shoe.  Granted those sizes were from the winter time so they may change slightly but it is a good starting point.  I think the moment I pick out some pajamas and an outfit for the first day it makes it become so real.  We will have another body in our home to love on and support and feed! Yes, I know it isn't a baby, but the arrival of any child makes me go into overboard mommy zone!

I belong to a group on Facebook of other families who have either hosted or adopted from the orphanage where V is it.  One of the mom's sent me a message that said she thought her host daughter is friends with mine and that they were in some pictures together.  Sure enough, after sending me a few photos, I was able to see V's pretty face smiling at me.  She looked like she was having such fun taking group selfies with her friends, such a typical, universal teenage girl thing to do.  It is the simple, little moments that warm my heart the most.

Last hosting season I felt more like a spectator on our Facebook groups, this hosting season I have found that I am connecting with families and other moms all over the country who have a common denominator, their love for Jesus opened the door to love a child without a family.  It is so neat to see the connection span from Idaho, Texas, South Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, and some other states too.  It is a great support system with other people who understand the same struggles and joys of hosting!

I am excited about our next steps as a family and the support and relationships it will bring.  I will give another update again soon! For now we are waiting with great excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment