27 more days! I kind of want to be really annoying and write it in size 500 font so you could realize how excited we are about only having 27 MORE DAYS, but I will refrain! : )
This past weekend we received the flight manifest! I have only looked at it like 500 times! This year we will be picking up from Cincinnati's airport which is wonderful! Last year we picked up at O'Hare and had to spend the night up in Chicago. It all worked out fine, but traveling even more after traveling for a day and half already was hard on L. Our bio kids are not good travelers, so the short drive of 1 hour and 40 minutes was extremely happy news for all parties involved. Plus, arrival time is earlier than last year too. We should be back home by 11:30pm, at the latest, if flights are on time. My sister graciously agreed to stay with our other kids so we don't have to drag them out of the house at bedtime. There was one slight glitch that we are praying about. The kids arrive into the US in Atlanta and then will fly to Cincinnati but the travel agency accidentally scheduled the flight from Atlanta to Cincinnati about 30 hours after arriving in Atlanta, so the next day in the evening. Oops! They were working with the travel agency to correct the problem and we should hear something before the end of the week. That is a very long layover for children or anyone for that matter.
I cleaned V's room out this week and it is all ready for her arrival. I have been picking up this and that for her as well. I need to work on our welcome poster for arrival day and pick out a furry stuffed friend to give to her at the airport still. All little things to finish up and plenty of time to do it in. I also am waiting to hear back from the dentist office about donating services again this summer. Once that is taken care of then we are ready for arrival!
For me personally, I would appreciate some extra prayers. I'm still grieving over not having L back this summer. There are times I feel so guilty that we are having another child into our home, when L needs us just as much as I know V does. I am so full of mixed emotions. While cleaning out L/V's room it was hard to picture someone else besides L in there but then I am so excited to prepare a physical space for V in our home too because I'm already choosing to love her! I also feel overwhelmed at times with meeting my bio kids needs, making sure I make time for L via the internet chat and phone calls, and then imagining how I will add one more to the mix. Really, I am just trying to process everything. In those overwhelming moments, I know who holds me and all my children, present and overseas and can rest easy in that knowledge.
I'm off to nest some more! I need a clean house and organized home to bring our girl home to!
27 more days people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment