It is 12:36am on Wednesday morning. This will be short and sweet but I like to write down my thoughts so I can sleep without them swirling in my head.
V's flight from Atlanta to Cincinnati was delayed so we had a later night than expected. We met a few other host families within our group and they were all so great to be around. It was like a party at the airport. The kids all where blue t-shirts with the New Horizons name on it. I was so happy to see the little pack of blue shirted children walking down the airport terminal! She was very quiet but lots of smiles. She fell asleep on the way home and we quickly did the five cent tour of the important places in the house (toilet, bed, where to find mom and dad)!
I'm pooped. She literally showed up with the clothes on her back. It makes me sad knowing she has nothing that belongs to her in this world. I can't wait to spend more time with her tomorrow and get to know her personality!
I have a lot more thoughts that I had started writing in my head on the drive home but it is almost 1AM and it will have to wait.
The end of the story is that we are home safe and sound and excited to spend the summer with V!
So excited for you!
ReplyDelete