Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The First 24 Hours

Okay, I apologize for last night's post! : ) I reread it today and realized it was a rambling mess and people WEAR clothes not WHERE! lol

We made it through day one.  Listed below are my top thoughts at the end of day one.

1. Last summer we hosted a veteran hostee and it made the experience very different (which isn't bad or good but just different).
2. Orphanage life and how it affects individuals breaks my heart.
3. She hasn't spoken to us yet.
4. She is soooooo sweet and lovable!
5. She is easy to shop with and loves to push the cart and look at everything!!!!
6. She is hard to shop for because she is in between sizes so we had to grab two sizes of everything to try on.
7. How can someone leave for a six week trip with nothing more than the clothes on their back?
8. It is so depressing that as I saw her eyes light up over a book bag, a set of pjs, and one shirt in particular, that I know when it goes back with her in August none of it will be hers to keep.
9. She is a love bug and spontaneously hugged Josh and I today.
10.  She played like the other girls at the park this evening, which made me happy and sad all at once.
11.  She LOVES fruit.  (If anyone wants to donate fruit, I'll take it! I see our grocery budget increasing this summer! lol)
12. She loved playing dress up and Barbies all day long!
13. I heard her first laugh when we played UNO and she gave me a draw 2 and I acted like it was an extreme tragedy!
14. She likes to smell things! She spent five minutes opening every toiletry item I bought her to smell them all. Then, when we were in Target walking past the cleaning aisle I saw her take a big sniff of all the smells and smiled.
15. Ignorance is bliss.  Last year I had no idea how hard saying good-bye in August would be.  I do this summer and in the back of my mind I am sobbing about having to send her back! Don't worry I am not focusing on it, just acknowledging it.
16. I googled pictures of different foods and used thumbs up or down to find out what to put on the meal plan this week.  She giggled through the whole process, but was really excited about spaghetti and pizza!
17. I can't wait to watch her reaction to everything we get to do with her this summer!
18. I better get some sleep!

Thank you for everyone who reads these posts and are supporting and praying for us! We appreciate it so much.  We can't wait to share V with each of you and hope you get to see a glimmer of the sweetness we have already seen in her!

2 comments:

  1. Why can she not keep clothes, backpack, etc.? Who will keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can she not keep clothes, backpack, etc.? Who will keep it?

    ReplyDelete