Well the best laid plans often BLOW UP IN MY FACE!! Okay, not exactly how the quote goes but true!
Friday was an excellent beginning to the weekend. I went to school and took care of some stuff there and then met Josh and Adria at the grocery store and we got that out of the way all before lunch time. We were feeling rather on top of things which should have been my first clue to the eventual blowing up in my face moment. After a quick bite to eat Amelia and I headed off to Target to pick up the pictures and buy the Easter basket supplies (I'm a last minute kind of gal). Then I stopped at my parent's house to drop some stuff off and that is when I got the call. Josh said Adria had woken up with a fever of 101. This is at 4pm and the dr. office closes at 5pm so I had him call very quickly and he was able to get in as the last appointment of the day. She has another ear infection. I was still holding out hope that maybe just maybe it wouldn't effect our Easter plans.
Friday in the night the poor thing woke up 3am screaming bloody murder. It was the kind of scream that terrifies a parent's heart. Josh and I literally flew out of bed and went running down the hallway expecting someone trying to steal our child. She was in her bed trembling and screaming. There was a spider on her ceiling right above her bed. She was immobilized with fear. I felt so bad for her. I scooped her up and out of bed and Josh grabbed a kleenex and killed it with such bravery! Adria was extremely feverish though! It had climbed up to a high 102 and so we fixed her up with tylenol and some cold water and tucked her in our bed. I don't think she would have went near her own bed.
Saturday morning dawned with an exhausted set of parents and a very sickly two year old. By the way, amidst all this middle of the night craziness Amelia slept through the entire event. Not only that but she slept from 11:30pm to 7am!!! And I missed getting a good night's sleep!!! Okay, so I was still optimistic about our Easter plans on Saturday morning. I even went ahead and baked the desserts and readied the punch I was bringing. I made my list and gathered items. *sigh* I felt crummy all day, but I didn't sleep much so I assumed it was that.
Sunday morning arrives and oh poop I have a fever now too! We are definitely staying home! :( I was very upset as I had been looking foward to dressing my girls up and giving them their Easter baskets and then spending the morning at church with my dear church family! I was looking forward to singing the songs we only sing at Easter and remembering what a precious thing the Lord did for us! Instead we read the Easter story to Adria while in our jammies! Our Easter dinner was mac and cheese.
Today we headed off to the dr. Amelia had her well child check and I was checked out too. Amelia is healthy and growing big. She weighs 12 lbs. 7 oz. now! I left with a prescription in hand.
Moral of the story folks: Don't count all your Easter eggs before they are hatched! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment