This past week hasn't been much of anything! That being said it will probably be a boring post, so I apologize now. At least you will be in the know! :)
We had several very bad nights of a few hours of sleeping for me which made for a grumpy household for a few days. Adria is continuing to have potty training regression. I am so sick of cleaning out big kid poop from her panties, so sick in fact that I just threw some away this week because I didn't really think they were salvageable. We also had some extra dr. appts. Amelia had her one month appt. and then from that appt. we followed up with an ultrasound later in the week for her because of the excessive spit up issues we've had since she was born. Thankfully what the dr. was looking for wasn't there which is good news! Then I had my six week appt. today and am very healthy and back to my prepregnacny weight. So in the health department we are doing well, minus Adria has had a cold this week too.
My mom has been gone to my brother and sister-in-law's house in another state and got home yesterday. She was visiting my new nephew and her new grandson! She is coming this weekend with me and Amelia to our ladies retreat at church. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I need some refreshment of the soul and some time with my mom will be nice.
Speaking of going away, my older sister, who had a baby the same day as I did, and I are going to go see my brother and sister-in-law and their new baby in a couple weeks! I haven't been up to see them in over two years! Plus, I'm an auntie who can't wait to have time to spend with my siblings and there sweet babies. Amelia will be a well traveled baby after all these trips.
I have been thinking about how to fill the spring and summer days. I really would like to find some other moms to have play dates with or maybe a MOPS group to go to. I'm not sure if I have mentioned that Josh's work schedule changed recently. He now works a 12 hour shift instead of an 8 hr. He used to work five 8 hr. shifts then have two days off then work five more days and have three days off. It was nice! Now he works in a two week rotation...week 1-Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then week 2-Wednesday and Thursday. It feels like a never ending week. I hate feeling like we have no "week" and "weekend". It has taken some adjusting and the days he works are very long. This is the main reason I would really like to find some playdates or mom's groups to go to. Something for support and to break up our days. Right now we go to story time on Wednesday mornings.
Like I said this post was nothing of much importance! But if you made it to the end of this boring post I will reward you with some cute pictures!
Amelia "playing" with her toys!
Adria holding her sister for the first time!
No comments:
Post a Comment