Did you know Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays? I'm not sure if it is because it kicks off the holiday season. Maybe it is my fascination with history and the thought of pilgrims makes me happy. Maybe it is a little bit of all those things, but mostly I love looking around the dinner table and seeing all my family. I love to cook for people too and it is kind of like shoving all my love for them into each forkful! I love taking time to think about how thankful I am for all God has given me and our family. Anyway, being thankful is important and I firmly believe it is important to recognize all we need to be thankful for and not just at Thanksgiving.
We have had an outpouring of love from our family and friends this hosting season. We are so thankful. So here is a list of all the things I am thankful for!
1. Salvation and love from my heavenly father
2. a friend who God used to lead us to hosting through her posts about New Horizons
3. New Horizons for Children
4. L
5. V
6. My husband who is willing to listen to all my crazy ideas and with wisdom jumps wholeheartedly into some of them!
7. My sister who has helped take care of our children through various moments during and before hosting.
8. A friend who left a bag of fruit on her front door for us to grabT
9. Three families who graciously gave us some gift cards to help buy fruit for V's unending fruit habit! hehe
10. My niece who worked to get money for V's needs.
11. My niece who also wanted to be friends with V and has quietly and patiently built that friendship with V in the last few weeks.
12. My parents who have also given of themselves in many ways to support our family before and during hosting.
13. Many different friends who have given us clothing and shoes for V.
14. So many of you who read this blog or ask us about V and our family and pray over us.
15. My co-worker dropped a bag of groceries off one afternoon out of the blue.
16. The two teachers I work closely with being understanding and supportive pre-hosting at the end of the year when I get a bit crazy around hosting sign up time!
17. V's laughter
18. My three bio girls who have rose above so many emotions they have endured because of hosting and continue to show love to V.
19. My husband loving me during my very unlovable moments.
20. An offer to take us to the zoo from a dear church member
21. A network of other host mamas who surround me and support me during those rough patches
22. An outpouring of support, love, and excitement when we announced our decision to adopt.
23. A friend who was willing to pit stop in Indy while traveling to meet up after a particularly rough moment.
My list could probably continue up into the 40s. Each of these are ways that God has lead our steps and shown His power and the way He weaves everything together for His glory!
A quick update on hosting: We seem to have reached an everyday pattern which is more comfortable. Everyone seems to be adjusting to life again. And of course after reaching that moment we are headed into another transition with the beginning the school year and me returning to work and the end of hosting fast approaching. V continues to not talk very much. It has been very frustrating to me at times because I want our relationship to deepen. I am learning that words aren't always needed to build a relationship.
Another quick update on our adoption: We had our first home study meeting and will be working on gathering all the paperwork needed to turn in at the beginning of September. We have some ideas for fundraisers and will move forward with them full steam ahead after we get past the end of hosting. So stay tuned for ways you can help!
For those that made it to the end of my blog post once again! Virtual high five! I know I can get a little long winded! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment