I've decided I could never live somewhere that didn't have the changing of FOUR seasons. While I say that I would love to live somewhere that is 65-75 degrees year around I don't genuinely don't think I'd love it all that much. I look forward to the crunchy leaves of fall, can't wait to gaze out the window at the first snow of the season, watch the buds on the trees bloom, and sizzle in the hot sun. Just about the time I am fed up with one season it is time for a new season to begin.
Not to go all metaphorical or anything but I am the same way about life too. Just about the time that I feel like I can't take anymore of life as it is at that moment something changes, like a season of life ends and a new one begins. Granted I would appreciate it being a bit more predictable like the seasons but a girl can only be so picky, right? I think I am at that stage in life where I am wanting a change. I'm growing weary of this stage. Ultimately, I am growing weary of earth. Okay, again this will sound strange (especially if you don't have a relationship with the Lord) but I can't wait for the final season of my life. I find such comfort in thinking about leaving this world, not in a suicidal way, but in a sound knowledge of where my seasons are going eventually. There is a sense of adventure in the end of my earthly life. While the Bible tells us some about heaven it doesn't give me anything close to enough. I'm so excited to die and meet my maker! : ) Weird, I know! I can't wait to find everything out that I've always wanted to know. Also, there is such comfort in knowing that life will be perfect. I can't even imagine how I will feel or if I will feel at all. But for now I take great pleasure in the feeling I get when I know I will someday leave this sin ridden place and go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment