Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy 60th

Happy 60th post to my little blog! :) In honor of this momentous (haha) occasion I am going to actually put some time and thought into my post, unlike the past, um, 10 or so that have been rushed and boring!

First off on the agenda the story of the leg shaker.
Appropriate times to shake your leg:
1) when there is something on it
2) when you are trying to dislodge an angry animal that has ferociously bit you
3) when you are doing a strange dance
4) when it is asleep with that yucky pins and needles feeling

I really feel that those are the ONLY appropriate times to SHAKE YOUR DANG LEG!!!!

Inappropriate times to shake your leg:

1) when your wife is sitting next to you
2) when you are making the entire couch, chairs, tables, any furniture in the world shake as well.
3) when one is trying to have a conversation with the leg shaker and gets so distracted by the leg shaking that one cannot possibly complete thought.
4) during church
5) during couch time with your wife
6) in your sleep
7) while eating food
8) while drinking beverages
9) at any time other than the four times listed on the previous Appropriate leg shaking times list!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHH! My husband is a perpetual leg shaker. I am a very still person for the most part. It drives me nuts when he shakes his leg. I look forward to Josh being off on the weekends and being able to go to church with us up until the point where we sit down in our seats and then I am tortured for the next 1 1/2 hours with a constant shaking leg. Enough said on the leg shaking story.

Next on the agenda CALZONES:
Don't make them from scratch. Whatever you do don't do that!!! My afternoon was spent with dough up to my ears. Needless to say by the time they made it to the oven I threatened everyone and anyone (my husband and one year old) that they were to eat them and smile the entire time even if they were the nastiest thing they ever ate and I also condoned lying to me if asked if they liked them! Wee one smiled appropriately and Josh said they already tasted great! I learned I don't care for making bread from scratch I'll be more than happy to shell the money out for a nice loaf of bread which is premade, cooked and sliced to my happy little self's great excitement! Just picture me in the kitchen with dough encrusted hands asking, no begging, my husband to get it off NOW!

SLEEP UPDATE:
No she still isn't sleeping through the night but I have had several naps and slept in late yesterday morning thus creating a burst of energy which I am expelling on this wonderful blog entry. The doctor was of NO help as well. She politely informed us that we are doing a great job and there isn't much more we can do but work through it as best we can. YAY! No sleep here I come for the next two years! Needless to say when wee one asks someday why she doesn't have a brother or sister of her own I will politely inform her mommy and daddy were too tired to make a brother or sister for you so you are all alone! :)

THE BUDGET:
We are taking Dave Ramsey's financial peace university seminar thingy. Very beneficial and would recommend to most everyone. It is a lot of work to deal with finances but Josh and I both feel that we will be better off in the long run if we take the time and spend the energy to do it right. Plus, I think wee one will appreciate it someday as well since we will be able to teach her the right way to deal with money.

My life really is that boring you guys. I thought I could come up with a ton of interesting things to say but alas I think I met my quota for the day, perhaps even the week. Busy week ahead for the most part. Monday is basketball night for Josh, Tuesday is our THE BUDGET night, Wednesday I have a work thing, Thursday is survival mode by that point in the week I am sleep deprived and feeling BLECH, FRIDAY is thank God we made it another week, Saturday is FAMILY pics day, and Sunday is church and financial seminar day. Another week of the same ol', same ol'! The dogs have been well behaved, the husband is good (minus the leg shaking, which could result in serious bodily harm caused by the wife), the baby is what she is, and I'm doing better than I have the past two weeks for so. I feel slightly more energized and not so doom and gloom. I'll admit it was gloom and doom feeling in my heart for a few days. But the sun is peaking through once more. So now I am off to bed and you can all feel better for having read my 60th post on my blog! *sigh* You are just so happy I can tell! hehe! Night Corinne and Fionna (my only two professed blog readers)

No comments:

Post a Comment