*Yes I realize (Corinne) that it has been a very long time since my last post. Our family has been going through some pretty big things this winter/spring so my funny stories have been lacking because of that but I think I am going to try to post everyday during the summer. It is my goal.
So back on topic here, the art of obedience. I have two dogs and an almost two year old daughter so the art of obedience or disobedience is an ongoing theme in my life. Last week was an adjustment week since it was the first full week that I was home with Adria for the summer. One day I was trying to get us ready to leave the house and the dogs wouldn't come in and once I rounded Adria up and then turned around to deal with the disobedient dogs, she would be running off and I felt that I was running a marathon just to get us to leave the house. I remember I was particulary frustrated because it felt that the dogs were being disobedient and Adria was being disobedient and it wasn't like I was asking them to stand on their heads and sing and dance. I finally yelled very loudly WHY IS IT SO HARD TO JUST OBEY MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so frustrated. And then as soon as I had said the last word it was like I got slapped in the face by the Holy Spirit, "why is it so hard to obey Katie?" Here I was yelling at the dogs and my daughter about not obeying and how many times in a day or even an hour do I choose to disobey God?! I felt a little embarassed. I then proceeded to mutter under my breath I guess I do know why it is so hard for you guys to obey.
Sin nature. I want what I want and when I want it and don't get it I disobey in hopes that I'll get what I want. When if I would do what God wants the reward would be far better than what I wanted. I also thought through that if I learn more about God hopefully over time my heart would desire what He wants it to desire to begin with thus making obedience not as hard. Easier to write that in two sentences than actually do it though.
I guess I learned the old saying don't point at someone or something because there is always the other three fingers pointing right back at you. A toddler and two dogs were a much better mirror to my heart than a real mirror could have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment