Monday, June 28, 2010

The Mission

About two weeks ago I began a mission...

The Mission-part 1
I began to suspect some things when the following happened:
1) waves of nausea
2) extremely emotional
3) couldn't bare to watch Criminal Minds (my palms were sweaty and my stomach was in knots)

So on a Thursday afternoon I ran to Meijer with Mouse and we bought a pregnancy test and I hid it in my purse (after buying it) and went home. Josh took Mouse out to run an errand later that day so I ran upstairs and took the test and even though I had quite a bit of evidence I was SHOCKED to discover a positive sign. So yes WE ARE EXPECTING baby #2!!!!!

Last time when I found out about Adria I wasn't very creative in the way I told everyone so this time I created a very fun plan and so the mission truly started!

I called my little sister and she had the great honor of finding out first!!! The only reason I told her first before my husband was because I needed a top secret work area! So I sweetly asked my husband if I could go hang out with Chrissy and work on a special father's day treat for him. He of course said YES. Who wouldn't if they were going to get a present out of the deal. That Thursday evening my sister and I hit up Hobby Lobby and bought the supplies and then sequestered ourselves into her room for the evening. I made a very darling Big Sister shirt for Mouse (pics coming later) and then to surprise my older sister who announced her impending fourth child just a week prior to me discovering my impending bundle of joy I decided to make us matching shirts that said Future Cousins in the Making with arrows pointing to each other's belly's. I went home with my finished projects in hand. I was going to wait until the next day to surprise Josh but I couldn't do that. We are the worse at keeping suprises from each other. I got home around 11pm and I woke the poor man up and said we needed to talk. I handed him the cute little pink shirt and he opened it up and with bleary eyes he read the words and then looked at me and said who is going to be a big sister? WAIT...YOUR PREGNANT???? WHOS PREGNANT????? HUH!?! and then a big dopey grin filled his cute little sleepy face. It was priceless! :) We went to bed talking about names and how Mouse would deal with it all. Part one of the mission was complete!

The Mission-Part 2-Telling everyone else

On Friday morning I called my sister at 9am ( I told you I have a hard time keeping surprises for long) and said that I had made something special for her in honor of being pregnant. I asked if Adria and I could bring it over. We arrived at her house and I had her shirt nicely wrapped up and I was wearing mine under another shirt ( which was very HOT). Adria handed her the bag and as she was opening it up I peeled off my top shirt to expose my shirt. She read it and started cracking up and then looked up at me standing there with my matching shirt!!! It was very exciting. When we had Adria and her son at the same time we said how cool it was to be pregnant together and how special it was since it would never happen again...guess not!!! We are about 2 weeks apart. We talked it over and decided later in the afternoon we would wear our shirts at mom and dad's and tell my news that way.

We went swimming at mom and dad's house. We both got out with the two youngest kids while my mom stayed in the pool with the two older kids and my dad got home from work and decided to join them out in the pool which worked out perfectly. We changed into our shirts and grabbed our children and used them to cover up the fronts of the shirts. We walked out to the pool, stood next to each other, cleared our throats and then put the kids down. My parents just started laughing!!! My dad couldn't believe it!!!

We called Josh's mother on the phone since she was out of town and I think she was beyond shocked!!! Then we went over to Josh's brother's house and Adria wore her Big Sister shirt and showed it off to both of Josh's brothers. On the way home I called my brother and his wife to share the news.

The Mission-Part 3
So the final part of the mission was to post it to all our other friends and family. Which is what this blog entry is doing!!!

EDA-February 20th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment