So obviously I am not an avid blogger, blog stalker-yes, blogger-not so much! So much to everyone's great glee I will write a post this morning. I'm feeling rather peppy! You see, I had more than three hours of sleep last night, maybe close to six!! Why is this you ask? Well, Amelia Jane was born on February 22nd, 2011 and we are at week one of the no sleep crusade brought to us by our bundle of darling cuteness!
Amelia's stats: Born at 5:10pm weighed-8 lbs. 6 oz. head circumference-13 inches and length-23 inches.
In honor of this momentous occassion I shall enlighten everyone with 10 good ol' fashioned parenting moments.
1) Butt sniffing is not only done by the dogs in our home. Once again it is regular practice to be sniffing the bum of our newest child!
2) My darling husband went the better part of a day with his shirt inside out and even when he finally noticed he didn't bother to turn it the right way!
3) At the doctor yesterday Amelia peed all over me and I forgot and wore the shirt the rest of the day.
4) My husband paid bills online at 2am as there was nothing better to do while up with our Amelia!
5) "Don't poke her eyes, pull her arm, yank her hand" are all common catch phrases in our home, directed at our 2 year old!
6) Showering is a luxury item and only done every other day.
7) We have LIVE bathroom performances daily for anyone wishing to watch due to the door being left open in order to make sure the 2 yr. old does not love the baby to death in the few short moments it takes to relieve oneself.
8) I can now fall asleep midsentence like an elderly person.
9) While enjoying an early morning bowl of bran flakes made in a low light situation my husband began munching away and half way through started chewing on some plastic. It was a new box and he must have got some plastic wrapper in it when he cut open the bag.
10) *THIS IS MY FAVORITE* On the last day at the hospital Josh was changing Amelia's diaper and then sat down to hold her. A little bit later he stood up and started to walk across the room and he had a diaper stuck to his butt like a tail. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to bust my stitches!
These were accumulated the first week of Amelia's life. Going from one kid to two has been an adventure so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment