Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Smelling Funny Takes Effort

8 Rules to live by if one wants to smell funny:

1) Have a baby and then 2 years later have another baby.

2) Shower every other day or as small children permit.

3) Have a husband who works 12 hours a day (not by choice) thus leaving you with no time to take care of rule 2.

4) Dab..no second thought bathe in baby spit up...projectile spitting up helps this process and cuts down on your time dedicated to this rule.

5) Now if you are questioning how helpful the spit up will be in making you smell funny make sure to have your two year old touch your clothes and hair after each meal leaving traces of differing foods on you.

6) GET DIS...baby crying..TRAC...dogs need let out...TED ...while attempting to go brush your teeth first thing in the....breakfast needs to be cleaned up...MORN...baby needs fed...AFTERNOO...lunch needs to be made...N!

7) Change your clothes and then quickly grab the baby and see rule 4...make sure the laundry fresh smell is gone before leaving the bedroom.

8) Never ever under any circumstance participate in any hygiene rituals before noon.

So besides being paranoid about smelling funny we haven't been up to too much in the past week. Josh's work switched to 12 hour shifts and a new rotation schedule. Yesterday was our first 12 hour day. It went okay but is a long one for sure! We had another one today. Then we will have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to finish the week out. Hopefully they continue to go well.

The weekend was quiet for the most part. Saturday was busy around the house and Sunday Josh and Adria went to church while Amelia and I stayed home.

Friday morning I had a dr. appt. and so my mom kept the girls while I was gone. I had severe separation anxiety. I barely made it home in time for the next feeding. I forgot how nerve racking it is to leave a baby (even with someone you trust).

Thursday was a big day for our family. My brother and sister in law have been long awaiting the arrival of an adopted child and it finally happened on Thursday. The 22nd of February, when my sister and I delivered our babies, my brother and his wife got the phone call saying there was a baby available. And on Thursday the parents signed away their parental rights and little baby Isaac Richard got to come home!!! We now have three babies under 2 months old in our family! What a special year and season it has been.

Wednesday, the girls and I went to my mom's house for the day to get rid of some of our cabin fever. It was nice to take a nap and relax in someone else's house!

That is about all we have been up to the past week. We'll see what the rest of this week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment