It is Monday night and I'm sitting on the floor holding a pacifier in Amelia's mouth so she will fall asleep and I'm listening to my very stubborn, independent two year screaming upstairs about having to go to bed. And as I was sitting here doing these things I was contemplating what witty and interesting things I should write about for my weekly blog entry. Instead of witty and interesting things I thought about what a rough week it has been. I definetly didn't want to bore everyone with a complaining blog entry about the rough week so I kept thinking and for once I had a few serious thoughts (rare, I know)!! So without further ado, I give you my serious thoughts for the day, week, maybe even month!
I wrote several paragraphs and then had a few more deep thoughts and deleted every last word and decided to start again. I first began by explaining a lot of the bad things that happened this week and how I had been thinking about how the parents of kids that have disabilities do it everyday with all the hard stuff. I was especially thinking about my kids at work and how I would cope with being their parent. At first my initial thought was what I have heard in the SPED world...You Just Do It, hence the blog title. You get through the hard stuff as parents by JUST DOING IT.
I was reflecting on that YOU JUST DO IT statement when I realized how warped it is. Those parents don't JUST DO IT. A lot of my parents aren't holding it together. I surely wasn't holding it together this week and I definetly was not JUST DOING IT! I was sucking at parenthood. I had a bad attitude. I wasn't kind to my child during the poop picking up incident.
I guess I should remember, more often given my poor attitude this week, that you just do it WITH GOD!!!!! Yes, parents can JUST DO IT but they won't do it well or correctly without God in the picture. Sure, my kids were fed, clothed, taken care of, had toys, disciplined, etc this week but yet I wasn't being a godly parent by doing it myself. I have been trying to teach Adria to do everything with a happy heart because it makes Jesus happy and pleased with us. KATIE PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH! I can be a mom who cares for her children while grumbling and complaining or I can have a happy heart while I care for my children and truly feel joy only the Lord can give a mother as she is cleaning up toddler poop off the carpet, her feet, the bathroom floor, and the toddler too.
So those are my deep thoughts. Phew, exhausting! :) Lord, transform me into a mother who does it with YOUR help, guidance and joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment