Yesterday was my husband's grandma's funeral. After dropping off my mother-in-law and brother-in-law last night I looked at Josh and said is bad to say that everyone seemed to have FUN at a funeral!? After talking for a few minutes we decided that NOPE it wasn't bad to say that. Grandma K had lived a very full life. She was 88 years old and it wasn't under bad circumstances that she passed on. It was nice to see family we hadn't seen in awhile. It truly was a celebration of her life and homecoming to the Lord.
I'm home still this morning recovering from the late night though. I took a half day yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'm due back at work at 11:30am. Wee one is napping right now and I really should go to the basement and find a shirt to wear and put my make up on and finish my hair but alas I am sitting here blogging and enjoying the peace and quiet.
I have a husband story for you! Josh was being very productive last week on his day off and wee one was at the sitter's house for the day. He finishing up one job after another and he finally moved on to bathing the stinky dogs. After bathing them we always put their once a month heartguard/flea medicine on. You have to take the cap and use the opposite end to puncture the film that covers the hole to the tube. Josh did this except he squeezed the tube when he did it and it shot up into his eyes!!!!!! Yes you may laugh now but at the time poor husband thought he was going to be blind the rest of this life. He tried to run water under it in the kitchen sink but alas that was not too helpful so he called my mom and asked what he should do. She told him to go up to the SHOWER and run water in his eyes for about 10 minutes and see if it helped otherwise he would need to call the doctor. After doing all this he calls me at work and I of course was greatly concerned but then I did chuckle. Like I've told you before I find people getting hurt or falling in weird ways hysterical after I check to make sure they are okay. I'm a freak, I KNOW! Anyhow, husband was okay after a few days the redness went away and there was no long term damage. I do still chuckle every time I think about it though! Evil wife, I KNOW!
Okay now for a school story! I have a new kiddo this year who has autism. Now if you don't know anyone with autism or anything about it then I'll fill you in. A lot of times people with autism takes things very literal, which is why sarcasm and play on words are most always lost in translation. Being the first week of school and all we had permission slips and things that had to be signed and returned. One permission slip for our weekly vocational outing was due today actually. Thursday morning I asked the kids, "Does anyone have anything to turn in?". Most of my kids got up and went to their bookbags and pulled out this particular permission slip to return. Only two students didn't have theirs. One student said mom was going to sign it tonight and she'd have it tomorrow. I ask the other student, my new kiddo, if he has his in his book bag. He says, "My mom signed it but it isn't due until Tuesday!" I said, "Did you leave it at home then?" He said, "No it is in my book bag." I said, "Well, why don't you get it and turn it in." He said,"But it isn't due until TUESDAY!" We then had a quick conversation about how deadlines are just a final time to turn things in by but you are always more than welcome to turn things in early. This was a foreign concept to him. It was hilarious to watch the wheels turn in his head and when it finally clicked he jumped out of his seat and said, "I have a permission slip to turn in!" It was so cute! He's also the same kiddo who had a new hair do yesterday. I said that like the new hair do and he said it's not new and I explained how he normally wore it differently. He then informed me that in 2004 he wore his hair this way so it isn't new just different!
Wee one is up so I gotta run!
No comments:
Post a Comment