Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

That's right folks I've not posted in days and days because.....drum roll please.....I'm going back to work! BAH-HUM-BUG! I got sick for almost a whole week I was out of commission and then it was work time. I went in on Monday to start getting my room organized for the year. Went in on Tuesday but alas it was a rainy, floody kind of day so I wasn't really in the mood to work so I thought hmmm...I'll go do my back to school shopping. Little did I know, since I work in a windowless dungeon, it had started to rain elephants and dinosaurs (the really big kinds) outside. So I ran over to the house where the new 18-21 year old program is going to be to see my fellow comrade and was soaked in the process of getting to my car. So after I was freezing to death and looked like a drowned river rat I decided to call it a day and head home. Besides I had a horrible run in with the devil of Decatur and wasn't exactly in a chipper mood after wards. I got home and my loving husband handed me a glass of wine (yes it was around 1pm in the afternoon) and sent me upstairs to take a rest. Then we attempted to run errands as a family but it was NOT a good idea so I dumped them off at home and went to Wal-mart (back to school shopping) and Meijer (grocery shopping). Now mind you I was in no rush to get back home so I leisurely walked up and down every aisle that interested me and then did my grocery shopping last. By then the stress and left my shoulders and I was feeling rather great and then my phone chirps at me and it is my sister at 8pm calling me as I was on the way home from the store. The power had been out at their house most of day (since the great raining of elephants and dinosaurs) and she sweetly asked if we would mind house guests for the night. Of course I didn't mind but I sure wished I hadn't walked up and down every aisle and took my sweet, slow time at the grocery store!! They arrived shortly after I got all the groceries put away and raced up the stairs (silently since wee one was in bed) and tried to get all the beds ready for guests. Needless to say I worked up a great sweat but we had a lovely slumber party and then on Wednesday we cooked out for lunch. I didn't work at all on Wednesday then but today I was back to work. Tomorrow is the first mandatory/official work day of the year.

PHEW! I've got to go pack Adria's diaper bag for the sitter's house tomorrow, oh and her way cool Tinkerbell lunch box! And just for fun a cute picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment