Thursday, July 16, 2009

Napping Baby!!

Here I sit at the computer while my wee one is actually asleep. Now some of you may say "So WHAT, babies sleep!" BUT you must first understand we had swim lessons this morning and that was during nap time so typically if nap time is not on schedule the rest of the day is HELL! But alas today she fell asleep on the way home from swimmy classes and then *poof* I was able to carry her upstairs and lay her down in her crib and ta-da she is still asleep. This NEVER happens in our slice of the world! So I'm happily sitting at the computer and have already checked all my regulars and done a few "chore" online things and am now finishing off my computer time by writing a lovely blog entry.

So yes we had swim classes today. Monday was our first day and I was a little skeptical about the whole thing. Tuesday we didn't go because it was REALLY REALLY chilly outside. Who wants to be cold and wet...NOT ME! Then, yesterday it was rainy outside so we didn't go. Today though it was slightly warmer than Tuesday so we went. We had a good time too. Adria was in a good mood and she had fun with the toys our teacher brought for the kids to play with. Then, this is very big stuff, Adria went under the water!!!!!!!!!! YAY! What a big girl she is! There were older babies than Adria crying and carrying on when they went under but she just smiled at me when I brought her back up out of the water. My girl is so big and brave! I haven't called Daddy at work yet to let him know but he'll be very excited as well.

This afternoon Adria is going to her babysitter's house for a visit since she hasn't been since the last day of school. I figure a few afternoons would do her well in order to make the transition back to school easier on us all. So she is going today and next Thursday for a few hours in the afternoon and then we are going to do an all day the following week. The all dayer is going to be on a day Josh has off so that mommy and daddy can have an all day play date too! We're excited about it.

Less than a week away from my night away date with my sister! I'm excited but also a little nervous. It will be the longest away from my girl since she's been born. While I know I need the night away and will be appreciative of it I'm also really nervous!!

I guess that is all for today. Maybe later this afternoon I'll get on again and download all my cute pictures of Adria off the camera and post a few. We'll see how the day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment