Happy 30th Birthday yesterday to my older sister!!!
Let's see the weekend went well with more family visiting. We had a nice time. As much as I love my house being full of people, I also love my house with our little three person family inhabiting it all alone! Today was Josh's last day of vacation so that is kind of a bummer. Today was our first day of mommy and me swim classes. My mom comes back from Nebraska tomorrow. And I might have a new job this fall.
We're still talking and praying about it but it is feeling more and more right. I'd still be working with the same population of students but at a younger age. As much as I love my high school kiddos and will probably return to that age someday I think it is the right move for me right now with our family needs first in mind. The hours are a bit different allowing me a bit more time in the evenings and I'd have far less curriculum to be teaching reducing the stress some and I wouldn't be in charge of nearly as much. I think overall it would be stressful like any job is but less than what I have on my plate now. We'll see I still have a bit more research to gather before I put anything in motion and we still are wanting to pray about it.
I want to post a darling picture of my daughter in her pink tutu with her new stylin' sunglasses but I forgot to bring the camera upstairs and I'm too lazy to go all the way downstairs and then all the way back upstairs and then wait FOREVER, since our computer acts like it was made in the dark ages, to upload the pictures! So that will have to wait until another day.
My sister and I are planning a great one night get away from our children and husbands! I'm very excited about it! It is only like a week and two days away!!! Granted we aren't running away to any way cool destination, just the local Holiday Inn since my hubby can get us a discount but still it is AWAY!!! We are going to sleep! That is the main purpose of this get away...blissful sleep! All night long we will sleep without getting interrupted by any BABY! YAY! It will also be fun to spend some time alone together without kids crawling over us as we are trying to talk to each other.
My little sister who's in DC this summer called once again for a poem. I am her official on the spot poem writer! It keeps life fun. This week's poem was an Ode to Deodorant. Very heartfelt if I do say so myself.
Well not too terrible much to report on really. Just life ticking away one moment at a time. Tomorrow is back to swim lessons in the morning and then home to do whatever it is we will do. I feel a little discombobulated since Josh has been off and we've had company in town. I feel thrown off of my normal schedule and pace. Hopefully I'll get it back together by the end of the week just in time for life to be thrown off again with my one night get away. Oh one other thing to say about my one night get away...Josh was telling one of his coworkers about this and the guy had the audacity to say "I don't know man, there are only two reasons for getting a hotel room...one: vacation or two: havin' an affair!!! GEESH!!! Like I'm having an affair with MY SISTER!!! PUHLEEZZEEEE!!!!! I told Josh to tell him it is a one night vacation then!!! Men they so don't understand a mom's desire for one night of uninterrupted sleep! I'm off to finish my movie while Josh is gone playing bball and wee one is asleep!
Sleep blessed sleep! I can almost taste you!
ReplyDelete