We'll start with the memories. I am greatly amazed at how our brains work and recall memories. The weather does it to me everytime. I must center a lot of my memories not so much around events but weather and our senses. Yesterday we had a fire drill at school and as I was hearding the masses to our "safe" spot I was shot back into a high school memories. I saw a student who looked kind of like a person I knew in high school, we'll call him JL. It was amazing how quickly I was taken back to another time and place. I quickly remembered talking to him during a fire drill just like the one I was walking through yesterday. Then other memories came rushing back just as quickly. The times in the band room of just hanging out. The great contact lense incident, the crush I had on JL. So weird how it all came flying back to me.
The weather has also been triggering a lot of summer time memories. Since it has been so warm and windy I've thought about a lot of different things. I love the summer probably the best out of all the seasons and maybe that is why memories come so easily when the weather warms up. Two days ago I got into the van and it was that overwhelming humid heat where it takes your breath away almost. It made me remember those balmy, humid evenings so many years ago. Now I probably should not recall this memory because my mom reads this and will now know my "bad girl" secret. I'll risk it just for the sake of the memory! : ) I was flashed back to a certain set of evenings around my freshman or sophomore years that I sneaked out of the house a couple nights that summer. Now granted I sneaked out of my house to my own backyard but still I was a rebel without a cause. My friend sneaked out of her house too. She lived not too far down the street from us. So we were wild women who sneaked out of their homes in the middle of the night and GASP...went swimming in my backyard or just sat in lawn chairs in the dark talking. I loved those nights because the world was so quiet and the Indiana humidity was like a blanket of peacefulness around us. Such fun summer memories. I hope Adria grows to love summer just like her mama (but hopefully she'll be an angel and not sneak out of the house as a teenager)!!!! yes mom I am expecting a phone call about my naughtiness! : )
I'll leave the last night part for another post this evening because I've got to get ready for work now.
No comments:
Post a Comment