Good Morning! It is almost Friday, can I hear a WAHOOO!!! It has been a killer week with so much to do. I'm looking forward to May 27th so things can slow down. My wee sister is home for college. I like having all my family closer by. She'll be leaving soon though for an internship all summer long. I'll miss her lots!
So this morning it is 6:30am and I am showered, dressed, fed, pumped, and make up on! Organization is key! Josh and I talked last night about what could make our mornings smoother. So we got a lot of stuff ready last night which obviously helped! Now the struggle will be to continue this every evening and morning. Pray for us because follow through is always the hard part but the reward is so great!
Adria worked hard last night at the Transition Fair! Okay, maybe she did not really work but she was a good girl while I worked! Plus, who does not love seeing a baby!!! She was a smashing hit among the parents who showed up. I wish some of my students had come. I don't understand people sometimes. We are offering all these wonderful services, most of them covered by the waiver, and yet parents don't take advantage of it. I can't understand that mentality. If I had a child who had a disability I would be advocating for them and getting as many services as possible. I can't fathom why these parents are okay with allowing their child to stay at home and do NOTHING the rest of their lives. Just because they have a disability does NOT mean in any way, shape, or form that all they can do is sit at home and watch TV. Make them get out there and get a job and have a social life. My goodness! (I think I'll get off my soap box now!)
Tomorrow night we get our new doggy! Her name is Blossom and she is a black/tan mini dachshund who is four years old. We are hoping this will be a positive thing for Duke instead of negative. I would hate for Duke to get mad that we brought another dog in the house. I'll try to post pictures of this cutie! She has such a sweet nature. I would have never guessed my husband would go for dachshunds! I think Duke was a toleration in the beginning because he knew how much I'd always wanted a dachshund. But now these little weiner dogs have wrapped their fingers around his heart!
Adria is up, I better go! Have a great day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment