Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Yesterday afternoon we received our electronic copies of Adria's pictures. I was so excited I made the kids at school sit through the entire slide show! Thankfully they love seeing pictures of Adria as much as I do. Today my dear mother and mother-in-law broke into my home and cleaned the whole house for me!! Yay! It thrills me so much to come home to a clean house. What a blessing both my mothers are. At school today we made our countdown chain, so now it is proudly hanging next to the door. The count is at 33 days left of the 08-09 school year. I can't wait to be home with Adria all summer. Spring break was so fun, I really enjoyed being a mommy without working. Someday if we decide to have more children I hope I will be able to stay home for at least a year with him/her. No funny stories today from school, well one student, we'll call her T, works at the animal shelter and she didn't want to clean the cat room I guess. So she told my new assistant that she was deathly allergic to cat pee! Silly T! We did stations today during gym time. One station was the jump ropes. It was fun to see the kids jump roping. They had a hard time but they had smiles on their faces the whole time. That is one thing I love about the kids I work with, no matter how difficult the task they typically complete it with a smile on their face. These students who possess so little cognitively are the ones who should have doctorates of how to deal with life. Sometimes people ask what kind of life are they ever going to have. I think God allowed these precious children to have the disabilities they have in order to teach us about JOY. They are filled with JOY at some of the simplest pleasures. It is brownie day in the cafeteria and we have a five minute high five session about brownies. I pray I will be as filled with JOY as they are in my everyday life. I have so many blessings. Today's blessings:
-God
-Adria
-Josh
-my job
-my mothers cleaning my house
-brownie day

No comments:

Post a Comment