Monday, June 8, 2009
Never say Never
My husband is the eternal optimist at times. I wouldn't say I am pessimistic but realistic. In our relationship we rarely argue over anything of importance. It is stupid stuff like who forgot to turn the dryer on or shut the garage door. They aren't even arguments they're just the day to day things. There is only one thing, well two things that ever have a great impact on our relationship. 1) losing to each other while playing a game, but for the most part we got over that the first year we were married and 2) guns. The gun argument occurs about every four or five months and we always agree to disagree. I absolutely have no tolerance for guns PERIOD. Josh carries a gun for work. There were strict guidelines about the gun when he first got it. He agreed he would come directly into the house and lock it into the safe where it would stay until he strapped it on and left for work the next morning. Except this doesn't happen anymore. So the great gun fight occurred tonight. I reminded him that I'd really appreciate if he would put his gun away as soon as he got home instead of leaving his gun belt laying on the floor with the gun in it. Adria is crawling and while I try to keep a very close eye on her she is picking up speed these days. Yes, I know that a nine month old can't pull the gun out of the gun belt and cock it or whatever it is you have to do and then pull the trigger but accidents happen, freak accidents. Which I told Josh, he said she won't ever get ahold of the gun. I have heard wayyyy to many news reports on children who would NEVER get a hold of the gun somehow getting a hold of it and seriously hurting or killing themselves with it. Josh just keeps saying it would NEVER happen to us. Well, I don't say NEVER. Not when sin is in the world and yes I'm still simmering a bit about this whole conversation about the gun. I really don't want to plan a funeral for my child, that is something I can say I NEVER would want to do. I love my husband but we will never see eye to eye on the whole topic of guns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment