Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Review

Is it bad that I can't remember what I did on Friday to start the weekend off??? I remember yesterday I worked at my parents house all day and today we went to church and then came home to a very, very grumpy afternoon/evening. But for the life of me I can't remember Friday. My days get so muddled together.

I thought I was going to die today! Josh thought it was hysterical but said he pulled himself together and tried to comfort me. Adria was upstairs napping and I was napping on the couch (we haven't had good nights lately). Josh was in the recliner I guess, not really sure since I was asleep. So suddenly this airplane sounds like it is going to crash into our house so I leap up out of a dead sleep with my quilt and run to the corner of the family room in hysterics. Josh then leaps up and says it just the blue angels flying over. It's okay they are supposed to be that loud. You're fine. It's okay. By then my heart had to have been jumping out of my chest. I remember him taking me back to the couch and laying me back down. I was very disoriented but I do remember thinking my pulse isn't supposed to go this fast then I fell back asleep. So this folks goes to show how when a person is in a dead sleep don't wake her up suddenly otherwise she might die from a massive heart attack!!!! I have half a mind to write to the Blue Angels and tell them they almost killed me. Josh later told me how hysterically funny it was to see me jump up and run clutching my quilt. Later I thought I was so disoriented I didn't even think to run upstairs and throw my body over Adria's to protect her from the impact of the airplane crashing into our house. *sigh* I've been really tired lately!!!

I got to talk to my friend Beth this evening. She is in D.C. for the summer just like my wee sister. They're doing different things though. I miss having Beth around. We were roomies in college for a semester after we came back from England. The next year she was an RA in my dorm so we didn't get to room together after that. I wish we were closer together in proximity but we've been apart for quite awhile now.

Adria took a really long afternoon nap and then stayed up until 10pm. I just got her down, hopefully she'll stay down. The last several nights she has been waking up in the middle of the night. We had been going almost 9 hours straight and now we are reverting back to the four hour thing.

Tomorrow is grocery day and library day. I'll have to get a meal plan and list together in the morning. We took such long naps today that I didn't get it done tonight like I should have. Oh well, my body needed the rest desperately. The grass needs to be mowed and the dogs need baths. So much to do and time seems to escape me. No funny stories tonight, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment