Sunday, June 21, 2009

To My Husband

Dear Husband,
Happy Father's Day! You have been a daddy now for 10 months and you are amazing. I've never seen you be so patient and attentive to a little one before our Adria came to be. I love that you are such an involved daddy. You jumped in those first hours Adria was born. You listened and learned to change girl diapers and just took charge. I remember I rarely changed a diaper that first week home. You not only take such tender care of our daughter but you also take care of me in order for me to take care of our daughter. Your thoughts are on God and your family and for that I am eternally grateful. I know you place Jesus first in our family and will teach Adria the same. I love watching you play with Adria and make her giggle and smile. I love that you the macho man have picked out such girly dresses for our daughter. You feed her, walk her to sleep, and love her. I see that you are striving to be a father just like God is to Jesus. What a wonderful example you are giving our child so that someday she will choose a man who is godly and will be a good daddy to our grandbabies someday. I know in the hustle and bustle of our busy life I forget to tell you how much you are loved and appreciated for everything from the dishes you wash continuously to the kisses and hugs you bestow on your family to the prayers you say at night. I love you! I can't wait to see your relationship with Adria grow over the years. I think you are one of a kind and I'm glad God gave you to me and that you gave me Adria! Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment