Saturday, June 13, 2009
Please Pass the Mushy Loaf
Today was a spectacular day overall! Josh was off and I had the best luxury of all...sleeping in until 9:30am. HOORAH! So that started the day off in a delightful manner. I also got to take a baby free shower. Meaning my legs are shaved. This seriously hasn't been done yet this warm season. : ( Gross but true. Then Josh's mom came over at 11:30am and watched wee one while we went on a date!!!! HOLD THE APPLAUSE! We went to Applebee's and then walked all over Menards dreaming of all the cool things we want to do to our house and yard. We did buy a new shower head! YAY! Then we went to Sonic for dessert and finally ended our date at Wal-Mart. Truly romantic and you all are very jealous! HAHA! Wee one did a great job with Ma'maw. Then we went to my assistant's son's graduation open house and that was nice. Then we drove by Sonic AGAIN but this time to get a cherry limeade for my sister. While we were at Wal-Mart we got a cute dress for one of our nieces and bought a matching one for wee one and then bought a swim suit for our other niece. So we took the loot over to their house. Oh, we also took cupcakes from the open house too. We were definitely ranking high on the fav aunt and uncle meter today. So then my sister said why don't you stay for dinner. So we did and had a great time. So my sister is a great cook and I don't think there has ever been anything that I haven't liked that she has made. Tonight was no different but we did have a good laugh about dinner. She has made this turkey meatloaf in the past. It is a Rachael Ray recipe and delicious. But for some reason this time the meatloaf turned out really mushy. It was completely cooked but just mushy. So my dear husband started calling it the mushy loaf. The girls caught onto this rather quickly and kept saying, "More mushy loaf please!". It was rather funny. It still tasted great despite the mushy factor. I myself was guilty of giving a hearty, "Please pass the mushy loaf!" We had a fun evening and day. Tomorrow is our church picnic. I'm a little nervous how wee one is going to do with this because picnics are obviously not the best napping environment for a baby who doesn't nap well. Nor are picnics the best environment for active crawling babies either who don't want to be held or cornered in the pack and play. Oh well! Maybe I'll actually post pictures tomorrow from the picnic! I'm off to bed with a nice full belly of mushy loaf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment