Friday, June 12, 2009

Quite a few days

Goodness it has been quite a few days since my last post.

June 9th-My mother-in-law came over for lunch. I did a few chores prior to her coming over. Then we played after she left and then the husband came home and it was typical evening.
June 10th-My sister and her three monkeys came over and we had a wonderful time. Adria took a two hour nap!! That never happens. And Nathaniel laid down soon after Adria so we were baby free. Amy and I were able to enjoy our lunch and the girls had their indoor picnic lunch on the family room floor. We watched a Little Princess and played on the Wii. Then we got out the home videos of when Amy's oldest was a toddler. That was fun! We watched Christmas 2004. This was the year that Dad got underwear for Christmas. He needed some, so mom got a package. Then my little sister and I started joking we should get Dad some fancy underwear! HE!HE! My mom, sister, and I took three pairs of his old underwear that needed to be replaced and we decorated them and wrapped them up as a special surprise. It was hilarious because we put them in a Kohl's box and in the video Dad was like "Oh this can't be too bad if it is in a Kohl's box" and then in the background you hear us laughing hysterically then he pulls out the first pair and starts howling himself. We kept yelling get the next pair out but he was laughing too hard and finally wheezed out I'm scared! It was fun to watch again. Christmas 2004 was also the year mom got her new wedding ring. And it was just a week or so before my life forever changed (Josh and I started talking that year). Anyhow we had a good day playing games, watching a movie and reliving our family memories. That evening was typical family time.
June 11th-Adria had to have a shot this morning. I was pooped, beyond belief. Adria wouldn't take a nap. I was exhausted to the point where I was laying on the floor falling asleep while Adria played toys. She finally went to sleep at 2:30 and so did I. Josh was supposed to be home around 3:30ish. I thought we'd be up by then. BUT NO we weren't. He didn't get home until 4pm and we were still sleeping. Then my dad and his friend came over to help fix a little electrical issue at 4:30 and we were still sleeping. Then at 5pm Adria woke up and Josh being the superdad he is got to her before I heard her on the monitor and left the house with her so I could continue my marathon nap. At 6:30pm Josh woke me up for dinner. AHHH-MAZING! A four hour intense dream free nap. Sometimes when I'm exhausted and take a nap I have really disturbing dreams but this time it was just dead asleep. Then we watched a movie, played toys, and ate dinner until bed time.
June 12th-Finally, we are updated to today. Josh had today off which was fantastic except that I had to work. But it was only for three hours. On the way home I got stuck waiting for a funeral procession so me being all sly thought they're heading straight so I'll cut through the back way to get home. So I pull up to the stop sign and bam there they are again!!! SHEESH! God was obviously teaching me patience and not to take the easy way out. Finally, I got home and the baby was sleeping so Josh and I got to visit with each other. That sounds so bizarre...visit with your own husband but sometimes that is how it goes. We are in desperate need of husband/wife date night. So tomorrow my mom-in-law is going to watch wee one while we got get a yummy drink at sonic and sit and talk for awhile. It should be divine...holding my husband's hand and slurping on an Ocean Water and just talking without a baby crawling on either of us. I can't wait! I also got an hour to myself today. I finished my book, watched the rest of the movie we started last night, and started watching season four of lost. All this of course with three animals laying on me. Whenever the baby isn't around the good cat and the two dogs like to lay on mommy. It was relaxing though! : ) Overall, a good day. And my husband is really being sweet by putting the wee one to bed so that I could read or blog or do whatever! *sigh* he is so romantic! hehe! I guess that is all for now. I'm going to start on another book.

No comments:

Post a Comment