Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BIG FEET

This morning it was freezing in our house. I felt like we reverted back to winter. I got up around 3ish to feed Adria and thought for sure Josh would find me as a Katie popsicle, frozen in place for all eternity. Okay, maybe a little dramatic but sheesh it was really really cold. So an hour later, since wee one thought it'd be fun to talk for awhile before going back to sleep, I climbed back into bed for my remaining 15 minutes of sleep before the alarm went off. I snuggled down deep into my covers to try to thaw out. Then of course I couldn't just sleep for 15 minutes so I kept hitting snooze for an hour. But miraculously I am mainly ready to walk out the door minus baby, teeth brushing, and a slight blow dryer to the hair.

I'm going over the middle school this morning to complete some assessments on my new ninth graders for next year. It should be fun. Plus, I don't have to work on the ceramics final this way! : ) I hate trying to pull teeth/answers out of my kids. Most times they don't remember anything from their general ed elective courses so taking a final seems so silly to me. Anyhow, my lovely assistant will get the joy of completing the final with them this morning while I am out of the building.

Last night after wee sister and I went out to dinner we ran by Wal-Mart so I could pick up a few things. One of which was a pair of sandals to go with these cute capris I have. Well of course no shoe on the face of the planet under a hundred dollars will EVER fit my HUGE FEET. If there is one way you want to make me cry, it is talking about my huge feet or taking me shoe shopping. This of course has gotten even worse since the great swelling during pregnancy. I don't even know why I bother trying shoes on because typically I can't even squeeze into them since my feet are HUGE. To add insult to this all, I HATE FEET!!!!!!!! Under no circumstance would I ever become a podiatrist. I can't stand toes, the smell, the hairs, the toenails, the sweatiness, the list could go on forever. I don't like touching feet, I don't like people looking at my feet, and I don't like looking at other people's feet. So given all these important points you can understand why shoe shopping is like child birth, going to the dentist, eating dirt, and being in a perpetual loop of horribleness all rolled into one for me. Needless to say no shoes came home with me last night, well unless you count a pair of flip flops which I made sure were a nice girly color so my husband wouldn't try to snitch them. (Another point to my hatred of my feet, my husband and I have close enough shoe sizes to borrow each others flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) SO WRONG!

Well I guess I have gone on long enough about feet. I'm outie.

No comments:

Post a Comment