Saturday, May 16, 2009
Weird, Weird Night
My daughter went to bed around 8:30am last night. Right before her daddy took her upstairs to go to bed I was playing with her in my lap, we had just got done nursing and I popped my finger in her mouth to do my obsessive tooth sweep. NO TEETH YET, but then to my great surprise a little sharp point hit my finger!!!!!!!!!! Folks the first tooth has arrived. A day to live in infamy! So then mommy of course gives high fives to baby and whoops and hollers because that is what we do in our house when we are happy or excited. Then daddy takes baby upstairs and she goes to sleep. Meanwhile, change scene, I am downstairs with my wee sister watching the HORRIBLE MOVIE, Benjamin Button, who my wee sister is greatly disturbed by. I'll admit it wasn't the best of movies but for some very strange reason we get to the end of the movie FINALLY (it was really really really long) and I start crying. It was horrible. Seriously, who cries about an old man baby. Apparently, I DO! I think if wee sister hadn't been there I would have been sobbing but I managed to blubber for a moment and mop up the tears. So wee sister leaves and I go upstairs to bed where I still want to sob very loudly but the baby is asleep so I crawl into bed. I was thinking it is almost 11pm I'm going to have to wake up in mere moments to feed the wee one. So I fall asleep quickly in order to make the most of my mere moments. Then...beep beep beep, Josh's alarm is going off. Wee one NEVER woke up. I have that normal moment of panic that she is dead in her crib but fall quickly back to sleep. Very abnormal for me, I typically have wave of panic and then tip toe in and check to see if wee one is alive. So then around 5amish wee one lets out a cry saying Mama feed me! So I went in and fed her. Then went back to bed and right now as we speak it is 8:45am and she is still not up. So I need to go check that she is alive. I am hoping all this extra sleep is connected to the great tooth discovery. Maybe it takes a lot out of you to grow and poke through a little toothy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment