Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dog Biscuit Dealers

For those of you who don't know we have two darling dachshunds. They are both black and tan, one is a mini, the other is a tweenie (dad was standard, mom was mini). While at times they can be the most annoying creatures on the earth they are also part of our family and provide us with great amusement, plenty of stories, and more than enough doggy kisses.

*pause...had to go soothe screaming baby who woke up*

Okay so anyhow back to the dogs. Josh and I like to narrate their lives sometimes. Tonight I was telling him how I want to know what is under our mini barn in the backyard. Every morning I let the dogs out and they make a bee line to the mini barn and scoot underneath it. I don't understand! So we start making silly speculations about what is under the barn and the winner of the night was Josh saying there must be a doggy biscuit dealer under there, "for ten dollar I give you ten biscuits". We were laughing so hard. This is a typical evening in our home.

Other milestones for baby was I removed the bumper from her crib tonight. Our crib is solid wood on the ends and then railings on either side. Back when she was tiny the bumper was okay because at the top of the solid wood ends are little spindles I was able to secure the bumper to but now that the crib is on the lowest setting so that wee one can't tip over the edge the spindles are way to high obviously to attach the bumper to. Sooo...I tried it loose on both ends and tied it just to the sides but wee one kept pulling on it and I don't want her pumpkin head to get caught under it so it was removed. I think that is what scared her. She was used to being in a snug little sleepy spot and now it feels wide open!! Poor thing!

I went to church this morning. Wee one went to the nursery with Nanny this morning and then she was a brave girl and stayed there without Nanny even. Yay! It was nice to actually attend church and get to hear the sermon instead of sit in the lobby. I miss going to our church though. They have such screwy nursery policies. Like no one but the scheduled nursery workers are supposed to be in there. I hate not being able to take her in there and sit her down and play with her and get her settled first. Oh well Josh is coming up on Sundays off with his rotating work schedule so then we take turns at church taking care of wee one.

Well I have nothing profound to say tonight. OHHHH one more story for the road...FUZZY FAT CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate one of our cats she is FAT and ANNOYING! Her name is Fuzzy, thanks to one of my nieces who named her. She was a really cute kitten. A little bit of a thing with fuzzy fur, hence the name. I used to get some enjoyment out of her but not anymore. There is not one thing about her that I like. She meows loudly, she flings litter all over the place, she eats a TON of food, she eats the dog's food time to time, she digs in the water bowl, she scratches stuff in the house, she has destroyed pacifiers, she steals hair bands, she steals baby toys, she squints her eyes because she is so fat, the list could obviously go on. So the other night she hops up into bed with me while I'm reading. This is rare! I was like, "Oh, Fuzzy, you must realize how annoying you are and have come to snuggle to get on my good side!" So she sweetly starts giving me little licks on my fingers. She gives me a little lick then chew on my finger then continues licking me then CHOMP the fat booger BIT ME!!!!!! Not just a little chompity chomp it was a full on I'm going to draw blood, kill you, and eat you because I'm really fat kind of bite! I was so angry! She drew blood! You know those cartoons where the cartoon character gets hurt and the finger plumps up and makes a throbbing motion while it is bright red. That is basically how my finger felt after the beast bit me. I could feel it for like a half hour later. It was intense, this happened on Friday night and it still hurts. I swear she has FAT CAT venom she injected into my finger. If anyone wants a cat I have one!!!!

I guess that is all now!

No comments:

Post a Comment