No long ramblings for this morning. Wee one slept the whole night. She went to bed around 8:30pm and slept until 5:30am, we nursed and she is now back asleep. Mommy is very happy today! Sometimes it seems strange rejoicing over how long my baby sleeps for. Life is so different. This time last year I was entering the last trimester of my pregnancy. I was also packing up my classroom for the big move into the new building. We were working hard on getting everything ready for the arrival of our little one. Now nine months later we have worked/are working hard on maintaining and growing up our little one.
I remember at one point during my pregnancy I was at church and Pete, our pastor, was preaching about how ready we were for Christ to return. He talked about the preparations we make when company is coming into town and he used the illustration of waiting for his little granddaughter to arrive for a visit and how he paces in front of the window and kept calling to see how close they were. He compared all this to how we as christians are preparing and awaiting the arrival of Christ. This hit home to me so much because I was living and breathing anticipation for the arrival of the unseen. I didn't know what Adria would look like, I knew she existed from my huge belly and her pushes and kicks inside of me and hearing her little heart beating so fast within the walls of my body. We don't know what Christ looks like but we know He exists from the kicks and pushes of the holy spirit. As a mom I studied my child within me. I loved to memorize what her hours were like. I could tell when she was wide awake and moving within me or when she was still and resting. I memorized how she felt against me. Just as we memorize the words of God an study what his teachings meant. Once Adria arrived Josh and I have put everything into caring for wee one. How often do we put EVERYTHING into caring for our relationship with Him. Our lives whirl around Adria's needs, her schedule is our schedule. So shouldn't God's agenda be our ONLY agenda. Something to dwell on today...am I anticipating and preparing for Christ's arrival like I did Adria's?
Oops, I guess I did have a very long rambling after all. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment