So I've decided Wee One is a contortionist. She sleeps in the most spectacular positions. I don't know if this is normal or not. This morning, just a few moments ago, I went in to check on her because normally she doesn't make it this long while sleeping so like any other mom I begin to wonder if she is alive in there. So I went in to her room and peek into the crib and what do I see...a little strawberry bottom sticking up in the air with her little doll baby face smashed into the mattress...SOUND ASLEEP! My daughter was sleeping with her derriere up in the air! So hilarious! How on earth could it be comfortable to sleep like that. I guess though I have no room to talk because I used to bend one leg and then cross my other leg on the bent one and sleep like that back in high school and early college. And my silly husband sleeps on his stomach with his head propped up on his arms looking straight forward. I wish I could get a picture of her sleeping like this but I'm sure the flash would wake her up and mama always said "NEVER wake a sleeping baby"!
Our field trip was yesterday and sadly it was a bit of a let down for me. The kids loved it. But I had such lofty memories of this place from when I was a kid. It had been so huge and spectacular but now that I am an adult it was just a regular sized building. TAM was this awesome mannequin who lit up and talked and when I saw her yesterday I was like are you kidding me?!? That's it? So it was a bummer. Some memories are best left as memories, preserved in our childlike wonder of the world.
Today is a normal day, or as normal as it can be. After school I have the cafeteria awards which is always a fun time. I look forward to our end of the year events. I've been thinking though that I've been working for three school years now and I've learned how one can watch the passing of time. I started working as a 23 year old so I was only a few years older than some of my students, since they stay until 22. The students are always going to be the same but I'm going to keep getting older. It is strange to see the student body look the same and never evolve. I will always work around 15-22 year olds. So yes while their faces and names change each year that same groupings of teenagers will always be there. There will always be the sporty crowd, the scary goth crowd, the nerdy kids, the in betweens, etc. Maybe that is being so stereotypical of high school but it is true. Being a teacher is like being in a time warp sometimes. A continuous loop of all things teenager. YIKES! That is a scary thought. I wonder if God sees us as a continuous loop of all things human? Humans have made the same sin decisions throughout all time. It is so hard to be patient with teenagers at times because I've dealt with the same "student" year after year. No matter the name or face the attitudes are the same. If we are the continuous loop of humans century after century it shows once again how patient and loving God is. I know I would have long since grown weary of another little human deciding to disobey what I have said. What a patient and persevering God we have to put up with such a small minded human. I tell the kids sometimes, "I don't understand why you can not follow the directions you were given". God could easily tell me the same thing, "My instruction manual is right with you everyday and I don't understand why you can't remember and obey!" Today as I struggle to be patient with my never ending loop of everything teenager I'll work on remembering God has lived with our never ending loop of everything human since the fall of man and He has yet to give up on me or anyone else so I need to not give up on our students.
No comments:
Post a Comment