Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!

Josh had to work today, so it was just me and the wee one. We had a fantastic day! The last two days have not been so fantastic, hence the reason why I haven't blogged in quite a few days. Mom and Dad came over for dinner tonight. We grilled out and I made a three bean salad. It turned out rather well. I've never made it before and I also tried a new lemon bar recipe for dessert. It was too buttery for my taste. I'm going to experiment with it some more.

Last night Josh dropped wee one. At first I felt the panic call 911 feeling then I assessed her and she appeared to be fine. Then I felt a rush of maniac anger that anyone could possibly hurt my child. It was like a monster taking over and all I could see was red and I wanted to strike out at anyone or anything that came near my baby. Then I took a deep breath and realized that NO, Katie you can't kill your husband for dropping the baby. Then I nursed her and we all slowly recovered from the incident. Today I am laughing about it. So what happened was Josh fell asleep up in the baby's room in this little granny sized pink chair we have. He was putting her to sleep but I guess he put himself to sleep as well and next thing you know I hear a THUD followed immediately by WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! He feels bad that it happened and I have conveniently worked into the butt of every conversation we've had today! hehehe! I do it out of love! Poor guy!

TWO days left of school. After this weekend I feel like we should just be done! But alas I still have two boring days left. I don't know what I'm going to do really. I shouldn't have any kids tomorrow but we'll see.

I better go put wee one to bed. I have quite a few things I want to catch up on that I thought about over the past few days. I'll leave you with my summer challenges:

1) Memorize 20 Bible verses
2) Attend the Mommy and Me swim classes
3) Walk five days a week.
4) Learn how to drive a stick shift
5) Learn something else (haven't decided what yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment